As part of the finance team, this position will report to the Accounting Manager and play a key role in sales tax reporting, inter-company billings, account reconciliations and in performing other accounting functions as assigned by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller. The desired applicant would also have good organizational and communication skills, as he/she will be working closely with individuals throughout the organization.
- Responsible for sales tax reporting, filing and payments, as well as tax-related account reconciliations.
- Responsible for some prepaid accounts, accrued accounts, company credit cards and other ad hoc items.
- Responsible for journal entries in support of the period close process.
- Responsible for reconciling and balancing general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for researching and correcting account discrepancies.
- Assist with month-end reporting on various items.
- Provides support on ad-hoc projects for management.
- Prepares schedules and reports during financial audit and tax preparation.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. CPA, CMA or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3+ years accounting or finance experience.
- Good communication (written/oral) and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Experience with sales tax reporting preferred.
- ERP experience a plus.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your experience against the job qualification and includes your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com or (800) 759-8766.