Reports directly to the Boom Supervisor. The primary role of the Boom Technician is to build quality booms including hydraulics, electrical, and gases. Under minimal supervision, build and maintain medical equipment and instrumentation of moderate complexity. Also responsible for inspecting and reporting any damage or inconsistencies in carriers and boom arms.
- Review work order and drawing for instruction of building part assigned. The carrier/arm is then built per the drawings, work order and work instructions, to meet the specification of the customer. Once the part is built, it is crated, packaged, labeled and moved to the end of the work bay for pick up by the material handler.
- Fill out all necessary paper work, completely and accurately, to complete the project. Place completed paperwork into appropriate box located on supervisor desk. Move to next assigned bay for next assignment.
- Maintain and clean according to task sheet assignments, an organized, safe and clean work environment.
- Actively participate in CI projects and or events, and share ideas for improvement freely.
- Cross train in all areas of the boom department, and be willing to help and train in areas outside the boom department when instructed to become more flexible and valuable to Skytron as an employee.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent, with ambition to further education relevant to job demands.
- Desirable to have some experience with light mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics.
- Ability to attain hi lo and picker license.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand basic blue prints, and multi-meters. Ability to learn to use a hi-pot tester and other testing equipment.
- Knowledge of Outlook and ERP systems is essential.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your experience against the job qualification and includes your salary requirements to email@example.com.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact Skytron’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 759-8766.